Last update: Jan 19, 2020
We at MyVillage LLC (Company or We) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us, when that information identifies or could reasonably be used to identify you or a member of your household (Personal Information).
This policy covers our collection of Personal Information from you via any means, including:
- Through myvillage.com and any other websites, apps, or online services that we control, including any content, functionality, and services offered therein (the Online Offerings), whether as a guest or a registered user.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications.
- Through your offline interactions with us.
- Through your interactions with a franchisee of MyVillage, their staff or any other caregiver who uses or offers services through the MyVillage platform (each an Educator and collectively, Educators).
This policy also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing Personal Information.
This policy does not restrict our collection, use, or disclosure of any information we collect that does not relate to any particular individual or household; information that has been de-identified; or aggregated information that does not identify (and cannot reasonably be identified to) any individual or household (Non-Personal Information). We reserve the right to collect, use, or disclose Non-Personal Information in any manner that complies with applicable law
Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several categories of personal information from and about users of our Online Offerings, Educators or anyone who has applied to become an Educator, and individuals who use or inquire about the use of services offered by an Educator:
- information that directly identifies you or a member of your household, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- information about your use of Online Offerings (including technical information about your personal devices and network connections), other MyVillage services, and interactions with any Educator;
- information about your child related to their care and education, including age, address, evaluations, care needs, allergies, medications, medical care provider, and immunization history;
- information about your precise location, where you provide express consent to our collection of this information;
- information that verifies your identity, such as driver’s license information or, with your express consent, biometric identifiers such as your fingerprints;
- professional and employment-related information, including information potential and current Educators provide for background check purposes; and
- other records related to your child’s participation in an early childhood education program.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you actively provide it to us.
- When you provide information to be published or displayed through our Online Offerings (User Contributions).
- From Educators and from your use of our Online Offerings as part of the services offered by an Educator.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Online Offerings. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through browser cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
How We Use Your Information
We use the Personal Information we collect to:
- Provide, administer, customize, optimize, and improve our services, including our Online Offerings, and pursuant to our agreements with Educators, facilitating care for your child.
- Meet our legal obligations.
- Provide you with information, products, or services, including promotional offers, that you either request from us or that we think may be of interest to you. You have the right to opt out of promotional communications at any time
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Personal Information that We Collect
We do not sell Personal Information. We disclose Personal Information only:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes of providing, administering, customizing, optimizing, marketing, and improving products or services offered by us or a subsidiary or affiliate.
- To Educators, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MyVillage LLC's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by MyVillage LLC is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For other purposes disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To other parents in a program as part of a contact directory, newsletter, recognition list, event notice, or other similar purposes, unless you choose to opt out of such disclosures.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose the Information We Collect
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or other contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected] If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. Where permitted by applicable law, we reserve the right to deny such a request in appropriate circumstances. In particular, we may deny requests where we are unable to verify the requestor’s identity, and we may deny requests that would violate any law or legal requirement, be unreasonably burdensome, or be likely to result in the falsification of Personal Information.
Please be aware that, if you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
As of January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act also provides California residents the right to request a disclosure of the Personal Information we have collected from you or disclosed to a third party for a business or commercial purpose, as well as the right to request deletion of Personal Information we have collected from you. These rights do not apply to Personal Information we have collected or disclosed more than twelve months before we receive your request.
We will not discriminate (and are legally prohibited from discriminating) against you if you choose to exercise any of your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Note, however, that California law may permit us to deny deletion requests where continued retention of the Personal Information is expressly permitted by law, and that choosing to delete Personal Information may affect our ability to provide information, services, and functionality that rely on Personal Information.
To make a request related to your California privacy rights, please send an email to [email protected].
Notification of Rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) applies to certain personally identifiable information, or Student Education Records, that we or one of our Educators collect in connection with offering certain education programs, including early childhood education programs that receive funds from programs administered by the U.S. Department of Education. FERPA affords parents certain rights with respect to their child’s Student Education Records. These rights are:
- The right to inspect and review your child’s Student Education Records within 45 days after the day a request for access is received. To submit a request for access, please contact [email protected] In your request, please identify the records you wish to inspect.
- The right to request the amendment of your child’s Student Education Records that you believe are inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student’s privacy rights under FERPA. To submit a request for correction, please contact [email protected] In your request, please clearly identify the part of the record you want changed, and specify why it should be changed. If we deny your request, we will provide additional information about your options for contesting the decision.
- The right to provide written consent before the school discloses personally identifiable information (PII) from your child’s Student Education Records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. One exception, which permits disclosure without consent, is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. If we collect information protected by FERPA and that relates to your child, we will provide you with an annual notice disclosing what qualifies as a “school official” and a “legitimate educational interest.” A school official may include a volunteer, contractor, or consultant who, while not employed by the school, performs an institutional service or function for which the school would otherwise use its own employees and who is under the direct control of the school with respect to the use and maintenance of PII from education records.
- The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by MyVillage or an Educator to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA are:
Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202
Collection of Personal Information from Children under the Age of 16 through Our Online Offerings
Our Online Offerings are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may access, use, or provide any Personal Information via our Online Offerings. If you believe we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 16 via our Online Offerings, please contact us at [email protected] to arrange deletion of the information.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards or client reviews. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, no security system is ever perfect, and the transmission of information via the internet may not be completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.