There’s a solution to the childcare crisis in America – it’s MyVillage. We’ve created a new way to solve a very old problem: how to increase the number of safe, loving, and affordable childcare options for families. The IT Generalist position is responsible for enabling productivity and efficiency across the organization by providing timely support services to MyVillage employees (and occasionally our customers too).
MyVillage provides a community-powered service that enables childcare providers to serve families with phenomenal quality, and our digital experience is absolutely core to our business.
Specifically, the IT Generalist/Salesforce Administrator will:
- Manage the administration of new employee accounts, computer set-up, and basic tech orientation.
- Manage the purchasing of, deployment and tracking of IT assets (such as laptops, monitors, etc.)
- Maintain and troubleshoot network printers, telephone systems, and other company networked systems.
- Provide Help Desk support to employees and contractors (primarily), and our customers (as needed) for password resets, software assistance, equipment troubleshooting, voice systems, etc.
- Govern the security of all IT platforms and ensure all IT infrastructure meets security best practices to improve and maintain company security and provide complete protection of user and customer information.
- Manage relationships with software and hardware vendors on an ongoing basis for licensing, repair and problem resolution.
- Create appropriate documentation and procedures relating to equipment operations, software changes, maintenance and common problems encountered, with periodic review to ensure they are current/helpful.
- Provide end-user application training as needed.
- Work with the entire organization as a Salesforce champion; train users to ensure the CRM is understood (and used correctly) by new and existing users.
- Administration and hands-on configuration across our software ecosystem and Salesforce environment to help the systems grow and evolve with our needs. We’re not looking for an Apex Developer, but do need someone who has experience configuring web-based software for plugins, extensions, and the like.
- Undertake other projects and duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has the ability to assess needs and solve problems without reliance on a robust set of written procedures or instructions.
- Is a self-starter and has the ability to work independently, with little supervision. We are a mostly remote team spread out across Colorado and Montana with a few teammates in California, Hawaii, and even Amsterdam.
- Understands the value of (and will commit to) over-communicating via Slack, Asana, email, and video calls.
- Is detail-oriented and user-focused – you think through every experience as the end-user will perceive it, identify any areas for confusion, and then proactively create or update materials to address those areas.
- Is a quick learner who loves diving into a project and learning even when you’re pushed outside of your comfort zone.
- Loves a fast-paced environment – as a start-up company, we are building something new that requires agility and flexibility as we learn (and we’re constantly learning).
- 2-5 years of recent experience in a relevant role (bonus points if you’ve worked at an early-stage start-up).
- 2 or more years of experience with the following:
- Provisioning Windows and macOS
- Google Business Suite Administration
- Managing a user directory (wether its Active Directory, Google Identity, or something similar).
- End-user technical support role working with people of varying technical skills.
- CMS administration
- Bonus points for experience with:
- Google Identity
- A flexible workplace with a geographically dispersed team co-located in two awesome cities.
- The opportunity to directly improve millions of lives. By supporting the workforce that will bring quality childcare at an affordable price to over a million children in the US. Few other activities can provide as fundamental of an impact on human lives as this.
- Some of the smartest, most committed, and hardest working co-workers you’ll ever have.
- Work for an innovative, mission-based start-up in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
Part-time contract to start
Send us your resume and a little bit about why you think you’d be a great fit; we’ll get the ball rolling from there!
About the Company:
MyVillage was founded by two moms (and experienced entrepreneurs) who are deeply committed to improving childcare to create better outcomes for kids, providers, and communities. MyVillage is a community of high-quality in-home childcare programs whose mission is to harness the power of community to create exceptional care for every child.
In the news:
NBC Montana, Bozeman Daily Chronicle, ColoradoInno, Vator
Learn more at www.myvillage.com