Full Stack Developer
If you’re excited to use your superpowers to make an impact on early childhood education, love working on the emerging technologies, and are ready to build graceful digital experiences that don’t feel like “software,” then consider joining the MyVillage team.
We're customer obsessed: ours are (mostly) women who think of themselves as early childhood educators but are actually entrepreneurs. They care for children in their homes, teach and love them. By connecting them, their experience, skills, and collective impact, MyVillage enables them to become an unstoppable force in changing the landscape of early childhood in America. Now they need your help.
The Senior Full-Stack Developer will design, build, test, and support our core product at MyVillage, with responsibility for both the front and back-end of the application. You will work closely with our CTO, developers, product managers, and designers to conjure solutions and iteratively develop them based on data and observation. You will devise real-time user experiences, architect custom apps, and integrate seamlessly with third-party web services, always with our clear design principles in mind. You will consider scalability and maintainability, with some knowledge of modern DevOps patterns.
Along with other developers, the Full Stack Developer will:
- Design and implement front-end features in React with performance and maintainability as strong considerations
- Develop NodeJS applications and data models to solve well-defined user needs (e.g., coaching system, messaging, supply-demand engine, community).
- Assist in the conception and maintenance of a unified UI layer across multiple applications
- Participate in the definition of development processes, including agile project management, continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD), release process
- Work in an agile environment where we ship features frequently
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implement automated testing best practices; review and approve QA test plans
- Support tracking projects to schedule, budget, and scope, reporting status, issues, and risks to project leadership team
- Assist in resolution of complex and escalated production issues.
- Participate in AWS deployment processes, including planning for serverless applications
To apply, please submit resume + cover letter to [email protected].